Now, what I do know about this award (apart from the cool logo I am to display—though I’m displaying it on my blog, not just this post because it’s an award, and I’ve never won a blogging award. Is this breaking the rules? I know, I suck at this awards thing.) is that there are some rules:
The Rules for the Versatile Blogger
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
2. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly and include a link to their site.
4. Let them know you have nominated them
5. Share 7 random facts about you
My Nominations for Versatile Blogger
1. Jeane at The Coffee Cottage—she is hilarious and honest and tells the best stories about mothering her squad of littluns, her massive Aqua Net bangs in her middle school years, and the chickens out back.
2. Karen at The Wordshop—she writes as she speaks: genuine, reflective, snarky, hilarious. A lover of writing, music, travel and food. One of the most beautiful people I know.
3. Danni at From the Ranch Pen—A new discovery (actually Danni found me first—thank you!) that has already brought so much joy and laughter and useful information about what it means to “cull” a cow. I particularly enjoyed her poem in her recent post (go to her blog and read it!)
4. Alison at I Married a Contractor—she shares about family life and writing life in a way that makes you feel as though she’s chatting with you over a cup of coffee. I love chatting and I love coffee.
5. Drema at The Grammar of Painting—she is quirky and artsy and has fantastic energy. I have admired Drema’s writing for several years, and when I think of her the word that comes to mind is: whimsy.
6. Kate at The Nested Blog—Okay, Amy also nominated Kate, but I love Nested so much that I don’t care, I’m nominating her too. She’s hilarious, she has a strange affinity for grumpy animals, and she actively abhors Twilight even while in the midst of watching it. And she taught me Twitter—I’m eternally grateful.
7. Bev at Black Ink Paperie—I have only recently started following her blog and it is some of the most beautiful writing I have clapped eyes on in ages. Touching, funny, exquisite. I cannot get enough.
Seven Random Facts About Me
1. I always wanted to be a lawyer until I worked in a law firm—lasted only 6 months. My husband and I refer to this occupational blip as “The Unfortunate Incident.”
2. I named my daughter after a Robert Burns poem. (No, not the one about the haggis.)
3. I am a Christian who doesn’t always vote Republican—gasp!—and I watch MSNBC—double gasp! Can such a contradiction exist? Yes, dear readers, I’m here to tell you it can. (Not all stereo-types are to be trusted. And I defy any that are ignorantly shoved on me.)
4. I am a grad student and am perpetually waiting for them to figure out I’m an untalented fraud and boot me from the program.
5. I quilt. With a machine. (No, that’s not cheating, Mom!) And I crochet, but only in a straight line—so scarves and blankets are all I can produce, but they are always a big hit at Christmas and baby showers.
6. I love Nathaniel Hawthorne—in particular The Scarlet Letter and his short story “The Minister’s Black Veil.” (Although my students may feel otherwise. Whatever.)
We have HUGE amounts in common, Anna: 1,3,5, and 6. And half of 7. English major - applying to Ph.D programs in psychology.ReplyDelete
And thank you for the nomination!!! I'm so tickled!
You are absolutely welcome, Kate! I think for my next blog I'll write about my crazy first day as a psyc intern. Good stuff--the world of psychology is hilarious.Delete
I heard you had a neighbor who gave CPR to his chicken. Just thought if you couldn't put it in a book, you could always fit it in here. Play Clo.ReplyDelete
I am desperately thinking of a way to incorporate Chicken CPR somewhere. And, yes, Play Clo. All in good time. Oh, hey, I'll keep buying Barbie clothes off you if you follow my blog. I'd love an even 10 followers :) Haha! Love you!Delete
dear anna, thank you so much for the nomination and for saying nice things about me. i like nathaniel hawthorne. i knit and do embroidery so me could trade skills whilst you analyze me. thanks again.ReplyDelete
ps. i really like willa cather
Hi, Bev - It's so nice to "meet" you, and thank you for following my blog! I look forward to reading more of your work and getting to know you better.Delete
PS: I like Willa Cather too :)
Thanks so much, Anna, for nominating me for the super cool blogger award. I'm happy to know if I get into some sort of legal trouble blogging you can give me advice. In return, if any of my education at the school of hard knocks can benefit you, I am at your service.ReplyDelete
Keep readin' my blog and y'all'll find out a thing or two about grammar and have plenty of material for psychoanalysis, as well. :-)
You are most welcome, Danni, and if YOU ALL WILL keep your posts coming, I'll keep reading. Haha - I may analyze your grammar, but I lived in Tennessee for 4 years. I can handle whatever y'all throw at me 'thout judgment :)Delete