I love questionnaires. I love filling them out, and I love reading other people's answers. I have always loved questionnaires, so much so that I even eagerly looked forward to filling out the information on the SAT exam - remember, with the boxes and bubbles you fill in with your name, address, etc? I think it all comes back to the idea that I - like everyone - wants to be known. Maybe not every little nitty-gritty detail, but there's something in us that drives us out of shadow into light for the purpose of known-ness. Like Jean Valjean in the courtroom revealing his identity.
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
1. Mrs. Ugqurhrreahrt - because every year my students struggle to know how to correctly spell my name
2. Mommy - this is one of my faves
3. Toots - When I was a baby, my grandmother always called me Cutie Patootie. It was then shorted to Toots and the name stuck. Unless you know the story behind it it sounds a bit crass. But it's dear to me nonetheless.
4. Baby - because the hubs
Four jobs I have had not counting my current one:
1. Residential Counselor at a mental health hospital
2. Waitress at a resort serving banquets - great money for college, but definitely hard work. (Remind me later to tell you about the time I dropped a tray full china in the middle of a wedding . . . well, that's about the whole of it. So no need to remind me later.)
3. Worked behind the counter at a deli stand at a farmers market - this would be the job that reminded me each Saturday while in high school why I would go to college and earn a degree and pursue a career so as not to be stuck in the deli stand my whole life.
4. Paralegal - We refer to this experience in our home as The Unfortunate Incident. (Though it cleared up the question of whether I wanted to go to law school.)
Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. Frozen - I have 3 girls, come on! (Honestly, all Disney princess movies could be included here)
2. Braveheart - the only movie I've seen my husband cry over
3. Pride and Prejudice - BBC 6 hour version w/ Jennifer Elle
4. Cranford - a new BBC discovery w/ Dame Judy Dench. I HIGHLY recommend it and its sequel Return to Cranford (w/ Tom Hiddleston *sigh*)
Four books I'd recommend:
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Foster by Clair Keegan
3. White Dog Fell from the Sky by Eleanor Morse
4. A Pioneer Christmas Collection (shameless, I know. But I had to plug the book I'm in, right?)
Four places I have lived:
1. Lancaster, PA
2. Dayton, TN
3. Columbia, PA
4. My imagination
Four places I have been:
*This was hard to narrow down, so I picked my 4 favorite places abroad and listed them in order.
1. Inverness, Scotland
2. Paris, France
3. Bath, England
4. Siena, Italy
4. Siena, Italy
Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Leakey's bookstore in Inverness, reading Tennyson and having a cup of tea
2. On the rooftop terrace in Rome where I spent several blissful evenings with my people
3. My mum-in-law's kitchen
4. On a couch, wrapped in a blanket, sipping coffee, and watching a girly movie (probably along the lines of Downton Abbey or Cranford)
(for a more comprehensive list, see previous question)
Four things I don't eat:
Four of my favorite foods:
2. Sushi (sans eel)
3. Baked goods - yes, all of the baked goods
4. Macaroni and cheese
Four TV shows that I watch:
1. The Blacklist
2. New Girl
3. MI-5 (a british show now no longer running *sniff* - but available on Netflix)
4. Friends reruns
Four things I'm looking forward to this coming year:
1. Graduating with my MFA this summer while . . .
2. . . . Visiting Greece, the Isle of Wight, & Scotland
3. Finishing my novel
4. Spending a week at the beach with my family
Four things I'm always saying:
1. Oh-My-Lanta! (Exclamation suitable for all occasions)
2. I'm not trying to ruin your fun, I'm trying to keep you safe. (when my children can't understand why I won't let them climb on the roof and jump off.)
3. Just a sec.
4. Be kind.
Anyone else wanna join in the mustache fun? Please do (you are hearby tagged!) and let me know when you post, so I can learn more about you!
Have a hopeful Tuesday!